Gujarat CM most popular politico on social media
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has surpassed other politicians, including the likes of
Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and former
minister of state for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor to
emerge as the most popular politico on social media.
Modi, who has often come under attack for his
government`s alleged failure to stop 2002 riots in Gujarat,
has been selected as the finalist in the fifth annual
Masahable awards for the category of the "Must-Follow
Politician on Social Media".
He is, in fact, the only Indian who is nominated in the
28 categories of the awards, according to reports.
The category honors the reader`s choice for the
politician who is most active on social media and best uses
Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Google+, Tumblr or other
mainstream social networking sites.
The Mashable awards is a community-nominated voting
programme to recognise the companies, people and projects that
made the biggest impact on the digital landscape this year.
Votes will be cast in 28 categories such as Best New Gadget,
Most Social TV Show and Must-Follow Brand on Social Media.
Modi is active on Twitter and has a blog. On these two
sites, he expresses his views and information on what he, his
government and his party are doing.
The Chief Minister acknowledged his nomination for the
award on his Twitter handle, saying "thanks for your continued
support on Mashable awards. Glad to see global recognition for
our social media activities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says