Gujarat cops fail to find Asaram`s son in Chhattisgarh ashram
Raipur: A team of Gujarat police on Tuesday raided an ashram of self-styled godman Asaram here in search of his son Narayan Sai, who faces rape charges, but failed to find him.
A six-member Gujarat police team from Surat, assisted by the Chhattisgarh police, raided Asaram`s ashram at VIP Road.
The team carried out an extensive search at the ashram, but failed to find Sai, Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal told reporters.
Sexual assault complaints have been registered against Asaram and his son Narayan Sai by two Surat-based sisters.
Asaram (75) was arrested in August on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in a Jodhpur prison since then.
The elder sister, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault between 1997 and 2006, during her stay in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister filed a complaint against Asaram`s son Narayan Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she lived in Asaram`s Surat ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch