Gujarat cops fail to find Asaram`s son in Chhattisgarh ashram
Raipur: A team of Gujarat police on Tuesday raided an ashram of self-styled godman Asaram here in search of his son Narayan Sai, who faces rape charges, but failed to find him.
A six-member Gujarat police team from Surat, assisted by the Chhattisgarh police, raided Asaram`s ashram at VIP Road.
The team carried out an extensive search at the ashram, but failed to find Sai, Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal told reporters.
Sexual assault complaints have been registered against Asaram and his son Narayan Sai by two Surat-based sisters.
Asaram (75) was arrested in August on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in a Jodhpur prison since then.
The elder sister, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault between 1997 and 2006, during her stay in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister filed a complaint against Asaram`s son Narayan Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she lived in Asaram`s Surat ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog