Gujarat cops fail to find Asaram`s son in Chhattisgarh ashram
Raipur: A team of Gujarat police on Tuesday raided an ashram of self-styled godman Asaram here in search of his son Narayan Sai, who faces rape charges, but failed to find him.
A six-member Gujarat police team from Surat, assisted by the Chhattisgarh police, raided Asaram`s ashram at VIP Road.
The team carried out an extensive search at the ashram, but failed to find Sai, Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal told reporters.
Sexual assault complaints have been registered against Asaram and his son Narayan Sai by two Surat-based sisters.
Asaram (75) was arrested in August on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in a Jodhpur prison since then.
The elder sister, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault between 1997 and 2006, during her stay in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister filed a complaint against Asaram`s son Narayan Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she lived in Asaram`s Surat ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30