Gujarat, Goa, Chhattisgarh among best performing states: Report
New Delhi: Gujarat, Goa and Chattisgarh are among the best performing states in the country while Uttar Pradesh, Manipur and Haryana are among the worst, according to a report released by a website Tuesday.
The five states which are in the middle of elections -- Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram and Delhi -- are ranked 5th, 8th, 14th, 15th and 18th, respectively, said founder of iForIndia.org website Ankur Garg.
"Based on user ratings, Delhi is ranked 18th amongst the 28 states and two Union Territories in the country in terms of overall satisfaction of people," he said.
The residents of Delhi are most dissatisfied with inflation and price rise. They are also especially concerned about the law and order and traffic situation in the city, he said.
At the national level, people have rated inflation, unemployment and ease of getting work done in government offices as the biggest areas of concern in the country, whereas religious harmony, availability of power and basic education have been rated as areas of least concern.
The website, operational for around four months, has had more than 250,000 unique visitors and over 25,000 registered users covering every state, around 98 percent parliamentary constituencies and more than 72 percent assembly constituencies of the country.
"The data has been very insightful about public priorities and preferences," iForIndia co-founder Tarun Jain said.
The portal which allows citizens to rate the performance of their elected representatives along 24 specific metrics, including roads, electricity, clean drinking water, law and order, security, corruption and many others, is available in numerous regional languages, besides English and Hindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor