Gujarat government in urgent need of a history teacher: Javed Akhtar
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Taking another dig at Narendra Modi, writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar said on Tuesday that the Gujarat government was in urgent need of a history teacher.
On microblogging website Twitter, Akhtar wrote today – "Gujarat government is in urgent need of a history teacher. Please send your application to the CM office."
Last week also, hitting at BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 General Elections, Akhtar had tweeted – "Some idiots imply that opposing Modi is an anti national activity. Are they suggesting that we, the 90 % Indians are anti-nationals."
The comment by the Rajya Sabha MP was in reaction to those who were apparently sending him “indecent messages”. Akhtar had tweeted - “The kind of crude, indecent and vulgar messages I get from Modi lovers establishes the low quality of his followers (sic).”
Akhtar became the target of Modi`s supporters after he said last month that the Gujarat Chief Minister could never be a good prime minister. He had also alleged that Modi was undemocratic and he was still tainted with 2002 post-Godhra riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi