Gujarat government in urgent need of a history teacher: Javed Akhtar
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Taking another dig at Narendra Modi, writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar said on Tuesday that the Gujarat government was in urgent need of a history teacher.
On microblogging website Twitter, Akhtar wrote today – "Gujarat government is in urgent need of a history teacher. Please send your application to the CM office."
Last week also, hitting at BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 General Elections, Akhtar had tweeted – "Some idiots imply that opposing Modi is an anti national activity. Are they suggesting that we, the 90 % Indians are anti-nationals."
The comment by the Rajya Sabha MP was in reaction to those who were apparently sending him “indecent messages”. Akhtar had tweeted - “The kind of crude, indecent and vulgar messages I get from Modi lovers establishes the low quality of his followers (sic).”
Akhtar became the target of Modi`s supporters after he said last month that the Gujarat Chief Minister could never be a good prime minister. He had also alleged that Modi was undemocratic and he was still tainted with 2002 post-Godhra riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire