Gujarat government in urgent need of a history teacher: Javed Akhtar
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Taking another dig at Narendra Modi, writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar said on Tuesday that the Gujarat government was in urgent need of a history teacher.
On microblogging website Twitter, Akhtar wrote today – "Gujarat government is in urgent need of a history teacher. Please send your application to the CM office."
Last week also, hitting at BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 General Elections, Akhtar had tweeted – "Some idiots imply that opposing Modi is an anti national activity. Are they suggesting that we, the 90 % Indians are anti-nationals."
The comment by the Rajya Sabha MP was in reaction to those who were apparently sending him “indecent messages”. Akhtar had tweeted - “The kind of crude, indecent and vulgar messages I get from Modi lovers establishes the low quality of his followers (sic).”
Akhtar became the target of Modi`s supporters after he said last month that the Gujarat Chief Minister could never be a good prime minister. He had also alleged that Modi was undemocratic and he was still tainted with 2002 post-Godhra riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!