Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh seek to develop their NHs
New Delhi: The government on Monday said it has received proposals from Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh for de-notification of National Highways passing through these states as they plan to develop them from their own resources.
"Governments of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have sent proposals for de-notification of National Highways (NHs) passing through the respective states," Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways Tushar A Chaudhary said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have sent their proposals for de-notifying the few stretches of NHs.
"Primarily they intend to take up the development and maintenance of these roads by them from their own resources," Chaudhary said.
Periodic assessments of the conditions of NHs are carried out by the executive agencies.
Meanwhile, under the National Highways Development Programme (NHDP), construction of 1,000 km of expressway have been approved by the government.
Delhi-Jaipur expressway is also part of pre-feasibility studies. Presently work relating to fixing the alignment of the expressway is going on, he said.
Replying to a question on the delay in execution of expressway projects, he said, "Delays have been mainly on account of issues pertaining to consultations with state governments regarding finalisation of alignment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened