Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh seek to develop their NHs
New Delhi: The government on Monday said it has received proposals from Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh for de-notification of National Highways passing through these states as they plan to develop them from their own resources.
"Governments of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have sent proposals for de-notification of National Highways (NHs) passing through the respective states," Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways Tushar A Chaudhary said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have sent their proposals for de-notifying the few stretches of NHs.
"Primarily they intend to take up the development and maintenance of these roads by them from their own resources," Chaudhary said.
Periodic assessments of the conditions of NHs are carried out by the executive agencies.
Meanwhile, under the National Highways Development Programme (NHDP), construction of 1,000 km of expressway have been approved by the government.
Delhi-Jaipur expressway is also part of pre-feasibility studies. Presently work relating to fixing the alignment of the expressway is going on, he said.
Replying to a question on the delay in execution of expressway projects, he said, "Delays have been mainly on account of issues pertaining to consultations with state governments regarding finalisation of alignment."
- Modi govt revises EPF interest rate again; hikes it to 8.8%
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass