Gujarat results reflect ground reality, says BJP
Panaji: The BJP said on Thursday that its sweeping victory in Gujarat, where it wrested all six Lok Sabha and state assembly seats from the Congress, reflected the ground reality.
Speaking to mediapersons, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi made fun of the "Bharat Nirman" advertising blitzkrieg as an imaginary bubble created by the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
Naqvi was speaking ahead of a three-day meeting of the party`s national office bearers and national executive.
"If they do not know ground reality, they should take into account yesterday`s results and understand for themselves," Naqvi said.
"This is not Bharat Nirman. This is Bhrashtachar Nirman. And its slogan `meelon chalna hai, meelon chalenge` is actually `we have looted millions and we will loot more millions`," Naqvi said.
The spokesperson refused to draw comparisons between `Bharat Nirman` and `India Shining`, a good governance advertising campaign launched by BJP ahead of the 2004 polls which the party lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement