Gujarat results reflect ground reality, says BJP
Panaji: The BJP said on Thursday that its sweeping victory in Gujarat, where it wrested all six Lok Sabha and state assembly seats from the Congress, reflected the ground reality.
Speaking to mediapersons, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi made fun of the "Bharat Nirman" advertising blitzkrieg as an imaginary bubble created by the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
Naqvi was speaking ahead of a three-day meeting of the party`s national office bearers and national executive.
"If they do not know ground reality, they should take into account yesterday`s results and understand for themselves," Naqvi said.
"This is not Bharat Nirman. This is Bhrashtachar Nirman. And its slogan `meelon chalna hai, meelon chalenge` is actually `we have looted millions and we will loot more millions`," Naqvi said.
The spokesperson refused to draw comparisons between `Bharat Nirman` and `India Shining`, a good governance advertising campaign launched by BJP ahead of the 2004 polls which the party lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj