Gujarat results reflect ground reality, says BJP
Panaji: The BJP said on Thursday that its sweeping victory in Gujarat, where it wrested all six Lok Sabha and state assembly seats from the Congress, reflected the ground reality.
Speaking to mediapersons, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi made fun of the "Bharat Nirman" advertising blitzkrieg as an imaginary bubble created by the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
Naqvi was speaking ahead of a three-day meeting of the party`s national office bearers and national executive.
"If they do not know ground reality, they should take into account yesterday`s results and understand for themselves," Naqvi said.
"This is not Bharat Nirman. This is Bhrashtachar Nirman. And its slogan `meelon chalna hai, meelon chalenge` is actually `we have looted millions and we will loot more millions`," Naqvi said.
The spokesperson refused to draw comparisons between `Bharat Nirman` and `India Shining`, a good governance advertising campaign launched by BJP ahead of the 2004 polls which the party lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened