Gujarat runs on Narendra Modi`s rules: Shivanand Tewari
Patna: Janata Dal (United) party leader Shivanand Tewari on Tuesday claimed that Gujarat is not run by the laws of the Indian Constitution, but by Narendra Modi’s rules.
Tewari`s statement came in context of the snooping scandal to which he said that the photograph of that woman along with Modi made it evident that they were ‘close’.
“There are senior officers of the Gujarat Government who are involved in this scandal, and it is not as if more such instances would not come up before the Lok Sabha elections,” said Tewari.
“This issue, as well as the issue of the fake encounters in Gujarat proves the condition of the Gujarat Government. In fact, Gujarat might be the only state in India where over 35 policemen and six IPS officers have been jailed on charges of fake encounters that took place in Gujarat. But, Gujarat does not run by the laws of the Indian Constitution, it runs by Modi’s rules,” he added.
News portals Cobrapost and Gulail had aired an alleged taped conversation between former State Home Minister of Gujarat Amit Shah, and police officer GL Singhal and Gulail.com had later released a picture of the Gujarat Chief Minister with the woman.
In one of the pictures, Modi was engaged in animated conversation with IAS officer Pradeep Sharma and the woman where her face had been blurred.
In the alleged taped conversation, Shah was instructing Singhal to closely monitor the movements of the woman referred to in the report as "Madhuri", not her real name.
The Gujarat Government headed by Narendra Modi, has set up a two-member panel of former judge Sugunaben Bhatt and retired bureaucrat KC Kapoor to probe charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray