Gujarat`s loan burden has risen to Rs 1.72 lakh cr: Digvijay
Shajapur: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday slammed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for making "tall claims" about development, and claimed that despite all talks of progress every citizen of Gujarat is burdened with a debt of Rs 26,000.
"When Modi became Gujarat Chief Minister for the first time, the state had a loan burden of Rs 46,000 crore, but today it has risen to Rs 1.72 lakh crore, which means each and every individual in the state is indebted by a loan burden of Rs 26,000," he told reporters last night, enroute to Indore.
Singh said that this fact exposed all of Modi`s claims about development of Gujarat.
He said that in "developed" Gujarat there is a wide difference between men and women in terms of social equality and Dalits have been prevented many times from taking water from rivers, even recently.
Referring to Madhya Pradesh, he demanded a CBI probe into the suspicious death of Mining Inspector Sanjay Bhargava in Ujjain and Public Works Department Sub-Engineer Rameshwar Prasad Chaturvedi in Berasia tehsil near Bhopal.
The Congress leader said that he would write to MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan about these issues, as allegations have been levelled in this matter, against a powerful real estate developer, who is alleged to be extremely "close" to the ruling BJP.
Criticising Chouhan for making tall claims about MP`s development, Singh said he is ready for a debate on any forum with him about the issue.
He alleged that power purchase in MP was full of rampant corruption, adding that he would take up the issue of the bad condition of national highways in the state with the concerned Union minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed