Gujjar agitation: Deadlock persists
Jaipur: The deadlock between the Gujjars and the government over the quota issue persisted for the 13th day on Saturday with the agitators sticking to their demand for intervention of Congress leaders from their community before holding fresh parleys.
Gujjars leaders said they are waiting for a response from the Congress leaders of their community and would send their delegation to Jaipur if they satisfied with the feedback.
"No development yet. We are waiting for the response from Congress leaders of our community. They must meet the government and give us assurance that their party and the government is positive towards our demands," Gujjar leader
Kirori Singh Bainsla said.
"We have already said that we are ready for talks and end the deadlock. We are not adamant but we want assurance before the delegation proceeds," he said.
Official sources said a fresh invitation for the taks could be given to the Gujjars by the evening.
State Energy Minister Jitendra Singh is meeting some local Gujjar leaders.
In a flip-flop after agreeing to hold talks with the Government yesterday, the protestors had demanded the intervention of Congress leaders from the community before the third round of parleys aimed at ending their stir.
Gujjars have been blocking Mumbai-Delhi rail tracks at Pilukapura in Bharatpur and at Malarna in Sawaimadhopur, Jaipur-Agra National Highway at Dausa and several other roads in Bharatpur, Sawaimadhopur, Karauli and Alwar in support of their demand.
Besides five per cent reservation in state jobs, the community members are demanding release of Gujjar agitators from jails, withdrawal of cases against them and compensation to the families of those killed in previous agitations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!