Gujral a true friend of Bangladesh, says Hasina
Dhaka: Former Indian prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died Friday, was a "true friend of Bangladesh", Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
In a condolence message, Hasina expressed deep shock at the death of the 92-year-old Indian leader, the Daily Star reported.
Hasina recalled Gujral`s contribution to the Ganges water-sharing treaty and strengthening of relations between Bangladesh and India.
Hasina prayed for the salvation of the departed soul and conveyed her deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death