Gujral a true friend of Bangladesh, says Hasina
Dhaka: Former Indian prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died Friday, was a "true friend of Bangladesh", Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
In a condolence message, Hasina expressed deep shock at the death of the 92-year-old Indian leader, the Daily Star reported.
Hasina recalled Gujral`s contribution to the Ganges water-sharing treaty and strengthening of relations between Bangladesh and India.
Hasina prayed for the salvation of the departed soul and conveyed her deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting