Gujral a true friend of Bangladesh, says Hasina
Dhaka: Former Indian prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died Friday, was a "true friend of Bangladesh", Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
In a condolence message, Hasina expressed deep shock at the death of the 92-year-old Indian leader, the Daily Star reported.
Hasina recalled Gujral`s contribution to the Ganges water-sharing treaty and strengthening of relations between Bangladesh and India.
Hasina prayed for the salvation of the departed soul and conveyed her deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere