Gujral a true friend of Bangladesh, says Hasina
Dhaka: Former Indian prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died Friday, was a "true friend of Bangladesh", Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
In a condolence message, Hasina expressed deep shock at the death of the 92-year-old Indian leader, the Daily Star reported.
Hasina recalled Gujral`s contribution to the Ganges water-sharing treaty and strengthening of relations between Bangladesh and India.
Hasina prayed for the salvation of the departed soul and conveyed her deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa