Gujral a true friend of Bangladesh, says Hasina
Dhaka: Former Indian prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died Friday, was a "true friend of Bangladesh", Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
In a condolence message, Hasina expressed deep shock at the death of the 92-year-old Indian leader, the Daily Star reported.
Hasina recalled Gujral`s contribution to the Ganges water-sharing treaty and strengthening of relations between Bangladesh and India.
Hasina prayed for the salvation of the departed soul and conveyed her deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- NASA probe set to make closest approach yet to Jupiter
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run