Gulab Chand Kataria gets anticipatory bail in Sohrabuddin encounter case
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A court here granted anticipatory bail to former Rajasthan home minister Gulab Chand Kataria in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.
Sohrabbudin and his wife were allegedly abducted by the Gujarat Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) from Hyderabad and killed in a fake encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005.
demanded Rs 24 crore from Patni as protection money and this was the prime reason why he was eliminated.
The CBI earlier also said it was Sheikh who wanted to spread his extortion racket in Rajasthan and in order to get a good hold over the state he demanded the protection money.
The Supreme Court on September 27 last year had ordered the transfer of Sheikh encounter case to Maharashtra after the CBI said witnesses were being intimidated and the trial could not be held in a free and fair manner in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar