Gupta remanded in CBI custody in Mecca Masjid blast case
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday remanded Mecca Masjid blast case accused Devendra Gupta in CBI custody for seven days.
Gupta, also an accused in the Ajmer blast case, will be in CBI custody from tomorrow till July 8.
The court passed the orders after CBI filed a petition seeking custodial interrogation of Gupta in connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case.
Another accused in the case Lokesh Sharma, who allegedly conspired to carry out explosion in the masjid, is presently in CBI custody till July 9.
Nine people were killed in the blast during Friday prayers at the Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007 and five other persons were killed allegedly in police firing on
protesters near the mosque.
Gupta and Sharma were brought here from Ajmer on June 17 by the CBI. They were arrested there by Rajasthan police for their alleged role in carrying out blast at saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti`s Dargah in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today
- Rio Games 2016: Hopes rest on Usain Bolt to lead athletics out of doping darkness