Gupta remanded in CBI custody in Mecca Masjid blast case
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday remanded Mecca Masjid blast case accused Devendra Gupta in CBI custody for seven days.
Gupta, also an accused in the Ajmer blast case, will be in CBI custody from tomorrow till July 8.
The court passed the orders after CBI filed a petition seeking custodial interrogation of Gupta in connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case.
Another accused in the case Lokesh Sharma, who allegedly conspired to carry out explosion in the masjid, is presently in CBI custody till July 9.
Nine people were killed in the blast during Friday prayers at the Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007 and five other persons were killed allegedly in police firing on
protesters near the mosque.
Gupta and Sharma were brought here from Ajmer on June 17 by the CBI. They were arrested there by Rajasthan police for their alleged role in carrying out blast at saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti`s Dargah in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about