Gupta remanded in CBI custody in Mecca Masjid blast case
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday remanded Mecca Masjid blast case accused Devendra Gupta in CBI custody for seven days.
Gupta, also an accused in the Ajmer blast case, will be in CBI custody from tomorrow till July 8.
The court passed the orders after CBI filed a petition seeking custodial interrogation of Gupta in connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case.
Another accused in the case Lokesh Sharma, who allegedly conspired to carry out explosion in the masjid, is presently in CBI custody till July 9.
Nine people were killed in the blast during Friday prayers at the Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007 and five other persons were killed allegedly in police firing on
protesters near the mosque.
Gupta and Sharma were brought here from Ajmer on June 17 by the CBI. They were arrested there by Rajasthan police for their alleged role in carrying out blast at saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti`s Dargah in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations