Gurdwara shooting goes against proclaimed US policies: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Monday condemned the shooting incident at a gurdwara in Wisconsin, saying it was not in sync with the proclaimed policies of the US.
"I condemn this incident and every right thinking person has to condemn this. This is an attitude which does not fit into the proclaimed policies of the US," Krishna told reporters here.
He said he was trying to get in touch with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who is on a tour of Africa.
Krishna said the motive and the persons responsible for the attack on the gurdwara, in which six persons were killed during Sunday morning prayers, would be revealed in the preliminary report of the investigating agency.
To a question on gun culture in the US, the minister said the US authorities will have to take a comprehensive look at these kinds of tendencies.
However, Krishna was quick to add that India would not interfere in the internal affairs of the US.
At least one gunman was also shot dead in the attack on the gurdwara, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!