Gurdwara shooting goes against proclaimed US policies: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Monday condemned the shooting incident at a gurdwara in Wisconsin, saying it was not in sync with the proclaimed policies of the US.
"I condemn this incident and every right thinking person has to condemn this. This is an attitude which does not fit into the proclaimed policies of the US," Krishna told reporters here.
He said he was trying to get in touch with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who is on a tour of Africa.
Krishna said the motive and the persons responsible for the attack on the gurdwara, in which six persons were killed during Sunday morning prayers, would be revealed in the preliminary report of the investigating agency.
To a question on gun culture in the US, the minister said the US authorities will have to take a comprehensive look at these kinds of tendencies.
However, Krishna was quick to add that India would not interfere in the internal affairs of the US.
At least one gunman was also shot dead in the attack on the gurdwara, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan