Gurjar community favours Gehlot`s stand on quota
Jaipur: Favouring Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot`s move to make temporary amendment in the quota bill, a
Rajasthan minister today said Gurjars would wait for the final
verdict of the High Court that stayed the new bill providing
five per cent reservation to five communities.
"Till the court`s decision, the Gurjars have been brought
back to OBC category as special OBC in the temporary amendment
made by the Rajasthan government early this week," Dr Jitendra
Singh, Power Minister and an envoy for Gurjars` issue told
A faction of the pro-government Gurjar leaders led by
Singh met Gehlot today and expressed their views on the
present situation and amendment made to the existing
reservation act, he said.
"Gurjar leaders assured the Chief Minister that if
required Gurjars would go for peaceful agitation," Singh said.
Yesterday, defending the temporary amendment in
reservation Gehlot said the process of recruitment against
vacancies could not be disrupted till the High Court`s final
The state government issued the order on January 9
effecting amendments in the quota policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah