Gursharan Kaur gets taste of Korean hospitality
Seoul: As Prime Minister Manmohan Singh struggled with other G20 leaders to reach a common ground on how to come out of the global economic crisis and ensure a sustained growth in the future, his wife Gursharan Kaur got a taste of South Korean hospitality and a recipe book from her host over dinner.
South Korean first lady Kim Yoon-ok hosted a reception for a dozen spouses of the G20 leaders at Leeum Samsung Museum of Art here on Thursday night, close to the venue for the summit, the National Museum of Korea.
According to Indian officials, the Prime Minister`s wife got a book on Korean recipes published by the first lady herself, over fusion cuisine and a performance by a renowned pianist after they saw some contemporary and traditional Korean art displayed at the museum.
No male counterparts joined them, even though the G20 leaders here include three women heads of state or government -- Argentine President Cristina Fernandez, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Kaur, who was wearing a grey-blue Kanjeevaram silk sari at the evening banquet, was set to enjoy a royal meal on Friday noon after a visit to a Changdeok Palace, a heritage site here, officials said.
Prior to that, the ladies were to visit the Korea Furniture Museum and a fashion show of traditional Korean attire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price