Gursharan Kaur to meet Chinese president`s wife
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s wife Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng Liyuan, wife of China`s newly-elected President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Durban, South Africa, next week, according to BJP MP Tarun Vijay.
Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng who is one of China`s most prominent singers and has topped the bill on the country`s gala military concert at Chinese New Year for decades, Vijay wrote on his blog.
Asked about the meeting, the prime minister`s media advisor Pankaj Pachauri said: "All spouses generally have separate events during the summit."
Leaders from China, Russia, India, Brazil and South Africa - the countries forming the BRICS grouping - will gather in the South African coastal city of Durban March 26-27. India hands over the grouping`s rotating chairmanship to South Africa at the summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference