Gursharan Kaur to meet Chinese president`s wife
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s wife Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng Liyuan, wife of China`s newly-elected President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Durban, South Africa, next week, according to BJP MP Tarun Vijay.
Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng who is one of China`s most prominent singers and has topped the bill on the country`s gala military concert at Chinese New Year for decades, Vijay wrote on his blog.
Asked about the meeting, the prime minister`s media advisor Pankaj Pachauri said: "All spouses generally have separate events during the summit."
Leaders from China, Russia, India, Brazil and South Africa - the countries forming the BRICS grouping - will gather in the South African coastal city of Durban March 26-27. India hands over the grouping`s rotating chairmanship to South Africa at the summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets