Gursharan Kaur to meet Chinese president`s wife
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s wife Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng Liyuan, wife of China`s newly-elected President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Durban, South Africa, next week, according to BJP MP Tarun Vijay.
Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng who is one of China`s most prominent singers and has topped the bill on the country`s gala military concert at Chinese New Year for decades, Vijay wrote on his blog.
Asked about the meeting, the prime minister`s media advisor Pankaj Pachauri said: "All spouses generally have separate events during the summit."
Leaders from China, Russia, India, Brazil and South Africa - the countries forming the BRICS grouping - will gather in the South African coastal city of Durban March 26-27. India hands over the grouping`s rotating chairmanship to South Africa at the summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing