Gursharan Kaur to meet Chinese president`s wife
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s wife Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng Liyuan, wife of China`s newly-elected President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Durban, South Africa, next week, according to BJP MP Tarun Vijay.
Gursharan Kaur will meet Peng who is one of China`s most prominent singers and has topped the bill on the country`s gala military concert at Chinese New Year for decades, Vijay wrote on his blog.
Asked about the meeting, the prime minister`s media advisor Pankaj Pachauri said: "All spouses generally have separate events during the summit."
Leaders from China, Russia, India, Brazil and South Africa - the countries forming the BRICS grouping - will gather in the South African coastal city of Durban March 26-27. India hands over the grouping`s rotating chairmanship to South Africa at the summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi