Gurudas Kamat to hold additional charge of Telecom MoS
New Delhi: Two days after it carried out
a reshuffle in the Union Cabinet, the government on Friday said
the newly-appointed Minister of State for Home Gurudas Kamat
will continue to hold additional charge of Ministry of
Communication and Information Technology in the same capacity.
"The President of India, as advised by Prime Minister
of India directed that Gurudas Kamat, MOS in the MHA, shall
also be assigned charge of Minister of State in the Ministry
of Communication and Information Technology," a Rashtrapati
Bhavan spokesperson said.
Kamat was MoS in the Communication and Information
Technology Ministry prior to the reshuffle.
The reshuffle in the Union Council of Ministers on
Monday witnessed 37 changes in the allocation of portfolios
though only three new faces were inducted.
All the new faces were from Congress while Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh indicated that members of other
parties could be inducted in an "expansive" reshuffle after
the budget session.
A total of 17 portfolios were shuffled in the Cabinet
rank while 15 Ministers of State got new departments. There
were changes in the four Ministers of State with independent
- Bring back Kohinoor, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP
- Rajya Sabha names 33 Congress members for disrupting house
- Spanish police arrest 4 accused of promoting Islamist militancy
- LeEco Le 1s Eco launched in India at Rs 10,899
- Turkish military returns fire into Syria after rockets hit border town again - security sources