Gurumurthy’s probe report on Nitin Gadkari today
New Delhi: RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy, who defended Nitin Gadkari over allegations of financial impropriety in his business dealings, is expected to disclose the findings of his own probe into the BJP`s beleaguered president’s firm Purti on Monday.
On microblogging site Twitter, Gurumurthy had said that a part of his findings will be published in a newspaper on Monday.
Gurumurthy had last week said the companies which invested in Gadkari’s Purti Group belong to Nagpur Group, which have no political connections.
"I examined legal and moral aspects. The 14 companies in question belong to Nagpur Group that invested in Purti in 2004 and informed the income tax department," Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant, had said in a tweet.
Gadkari has been under attack for misusing his position to get investment for his Purti Group. Gurumurthy has been on the forefront of crisis management for the BJP following lawyer MP Ram Jethmalani`s claim that some top party leaders favoured Gadkari`s ouster.
Gurumurthy had said Gadkari was clean.
"The Nagpur Group has in writing to financial institutions said that the 14 companies are theirs in 2003-04. They are not obliging Nitin now, saying so," he had tweeted.
"Nagpur Group is a reputed group of a Jain family with a Rs 2,000 crore asset base. Not a marginal player. Manages Rs 15,000 crore worth Jain charities. The only daughter of the family is a Jain sadhwi (nun)," he said.
He had also slammed media for questioning how Gadkari`s driver became a supervisor in the company.
"He was a driver decades ago. He is now a supervisor. The media made him a driver," he said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow