Gurumurthy’s probe report on Nitin Gadkari today
New Delhi: RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy, who defended Nitin Gadkari over allegations of financial impropriety in his business dealings, is expected to disclose the findings of his own probe into the BJP`s beleaguered president’s firm Purti on Monday.
On microblogging site Twitter, Gurumurthy had said that a part of his findings will be published in a newspaper on Monday.
Gurumurthy had last week said the companies which invested in Gadkari’s Purti Group belong to Nagpur Group, which have no political connections.
"I examined legal and moral aspects. The 14 companies in question belong to Nagpur Group that invested in Purti in 2004 and informed the income tax department," Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant, had said in a tweet.
Gadkari has been under attack for misusing his position to get investment for his Purti Group. Gurumurthy has been on the forefront of crisis management for the BJP following lawyer MP Ram Jethmalani`s claim that some top party leaders favoured Gadkari`s ouster.
Gurumurthy had said Gadkari was clean.
"The Nagpur Group has in writing to financial institutions said that the 14 companies are theirs in 2003-04. They are not obliging Nitin now, saying so," he had tweeted.
"Nagpur Group is a reputed group of a Jain family with a Rs 2,000 crore asset base. Not a marginal player. Manages Rs 15,000 crore worth Jain charities. The only daughter of the family is a Jain sadhwi (nun)," he said.
He had also slammed media for questioning how Gadkari`s driver became a supervisor in the company.
"He was a driver decades ago. He is now a supervisor. The media made him a driver," he said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez