Gurumurthy’s probe report on Nitin Gadkari today
New Delhi: RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy, who defended Nitin Gadkari over allegations of financial impropriety in his business dealings, is expected to disclose the findings of his own probe into the BJP`s beleaguered president’s firm Purti on Monday.
On microblogging site Twitter, Gurumurthy had said that a part of his findings will be published in a newspaper on Monday.
Gurumurthy had last week said the companies which invested in Gadkari’s Purti Group belong to Nagpur Group, which have no political connections.
"I examined legal and moral aspects. The 14 companies in question belong to Nagpur Group that invested in Purti in 2004 and informed the income tax department," Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant, had said in a tweet.
Gadkari has been under attack for misusing his position to get investment for his Purti Group. Gurumurthy has been on the forefront of crisis management for the BJP following lawyer MP Ram Jethmalani`s claim that some top party leaders favoured Gadkari`s ouster.
Gurumurthy had said Gadkari was clean.
"The Nagpur Group has in writing to financial institutions said that the 14 companies are theirs in 2003-04. They are not obliging Nitin now, saying so," he had tweeted.
"Nagpur Group is a reputed group of a Jain family with a Rs 2,000 crore asset base. Not a marginal player. Manages Rs 15,000 crore worth Jain charities. The only daughter of the family is a Jain sadhwi (nun)," he said.
He had also slammed media for questioning how Gadkari`s driver became a supervisor in the company.
"He was a driver decades ago. He is now a supervisor. The media made him a driver," he said.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore