Habitations with 100 plus tribal population to get roads
New Delhi: All habitations with a population of 100 tribals and above in 82 Naxal-hit districts will now be connected with all-weather roads under government`s flagship programme PMGSY, with the Union Cabinet on Thursday giving nod to a proposal.
At present, the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), envisages connecting all habitations with a population of 250 persons and above in tribal areas in Naxal-affected districts.
The Rural Development Ministry`s proposal came after Tribal Affairs Minister Kishore Chandra Deo pointed out that bulk of the habitations in tribal areas are below the 250-mark.
"Right now all habitations over 250 population have been taken up. But in most tribal areas, the density of population is very, very low. Large number of habitations but smaller number of population," Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh had said.
Government is giving utmost priority to provide road connectivity to tribal districts in the country as most of these areas are affected by Naxal violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog