Hafiz Saeed case: NIA may quiz Headley`s wife
New Delhi: India has sent a formal request to Morocco for examination and recording of statement of Faiza Outalha, Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley`s estranged wife, to get more evidence against him as well as LeT founder Hafiz Saeed.
The Letters Rogatory was sent recently to Indian Mission in Rabat, the Moroccan capital city, which was passed on to Moroccan Foreign and Cooperation Ministry requesting access to Outalha to record her statement, official sources said.
The sources said Outalha, the estranged wife of Headley, could give crucial evidence in nailing the lies of Saeed, the Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) boss who has been attempting to throw a veil over his terror activities under the garb of being associated with humanitarian activities of Jamaat-ul-Dawa(JuD).
The request was passed following approval of a plea of National Investigation Agency for seeking cooperation of Moroccan authorities in recording her statement, which was also likely to be annexed with the production warrant for Headley to be sent soon as the special court of H S Sharma has sought his appearance on May 31.
The sources said while it was unlikely that Headley would be brought to India, the statement of Outulha would bring out the role played by Saeed in 26/11 attack in Mumbai that left over 160 people including foreigners dead.
Outalha, during her stay in Pakistan, had met Saeed and complained about Headley to him and besides that she had also gone to the US Embassy in Islamabad to complain against the American-born terrorist and his role with terror groups like LeT and Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami, the sources said, adding her statement would be recorded as a witness. .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!