Hafiz Saeed-Vaidik meet: Disappointed with Ramdev`s defence, says KP Unnikrishnan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mumbai terror attacks martyr, NSG Commando Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan`s father KP Unnikrishnan on Monday slammed the meeting of 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and Baba Ramdev close aide Ved Pratap Vaidik, saying that he was disappointed with yoga guru`s defence.
Reacting sharply to Ramdev`s defence on Vaidik, Unnikrishnan added, “Had respect for Ramdev, disappointed with his defence of Vaidik-KP Unnikrishnan.”
“Its very surprising, I am very frustrated with this and Baba Ramdev`s defence,” he told reporters.
When asked that whether this was an insult to the the 26/11 martyrs, Unnikrishnan said, “This is just not about insult to martyrs, I just can`t digest what was he doing there?” ANI reported.
Earlier in the day, the reported meeting of journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik considered to be a close to yoga guru Ramdev, a staunch BJP supporter, with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed stoked a controversy.
Later, defending the meet Ramdev today said, “Vaidik met the dreaded terrorist in his capacity as a journalist.”
While in his defense, speaking to an English news channel, Vaidik said, “I have been meeting all the PMs and President of South Asia from last 45 years. I have never meet anybody as envoy, why should I meet anybody as PM Modi`s envoy.”
Vaidik also defended his action, saying he has been meeting all kinds of people and it was a "simple thing" for him.
"Journalists in Pakistan know me for decades. They made a gesture (about meeting Saeed) to me and I said alright I will meet him. It was no big deal for me. It was a simple thing. For me it was like a normal meeting. I have been meeting the Maoists of Nepal, Taliban of Afghanistan...," he told reporters.
Vaidik had met the chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, said to be the parent organisation of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba, in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians invited by a peace research institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US