Hafiz Saeed-Vaidik meet: Disappointed with Ramdev`s defence, says KP Unnikrishnan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mumbai terror attacks martyr, NSG Commando Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan`s father KP Unnikrishnan on Monday slammed the meeting of 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and Baba Ramdev close aide Ved Pratap Vaidik, saying that he was disappointed with yoga guru`s defence.
Reacting sharply to Ramdev`s defence on Vaidik, Unnikrishnan added, “Had respect for Ramdev, disappointed with his defence of Vaidik-KP Unnikrishnan.”
“Its very surprising, I am very frustrated with this and Baba Ramdev`s defence,” he told reporters.
When asked that whether this was an insult to the the 26/11 martyrs, Unnikrishnan said, “This is just not about insult to martyrs, I just can`t digest what was he doing there?” ANI reported.
Earlier in the day, the reported meeting of journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik considered to be a close to yoga guru Ramdev, a staunch BJP supporter, with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed stoked a controversy.
Later, defending the meet Ramdev today said, “Vaidik met the dreaded terrorist in his capacity as a journalist.”
While in his defense, speaking to an English news channel, Vaidik said, “I have been meeting all the PMs and President of South Asia from last 45 years. I have never meet anybody as envoy, why should I meet anybody as PM Modi`s envoy.”
Vaidik also defended his action, saying he has been meeting all kinds of people and it was a "simple thing" for him.
"Journalists in Pakistan know me for decades. They made a gesture (about meeting Saeed) to me and I said alright I will meet him. It was no big deal for me. It was a simple thing. For me it was like a normal meeting. I have been meeting the Maoists of Nepal, Taliban of Afghanistan...," he told reporters.
Vaidik had met the chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, said to be the parent organisation of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba, in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians invited by a peace research institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India