Haj pilgrimage to cost more
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Monday decided to raise the cost of Haj pilgrimage form the current Rs 12, 000 to Rs 16, 000.
The Hai pilgrimage is to start tomorrow with a total of 160,491 Indian pilgrims to visit Macca this year.
A team of 10 Indian doctors was dispatched in the first week of October to
coordinate with Saudi health agencies for devising strategies
to tackle swine flu. Two isolation rooms have been created in
the 30-bed hospital run by the Indian Haj Mission in Mecca to
handle swine flu-related cases.
While travel arrangements of 115,000 pilgrims are being
coordinated by the Haj Committee of India, the rest of 45,491
pilgrims will come through private tour operators.
In all, 341 flights including 115 from Saudia, 130 from
Air India and 96 from NAS Air will operate between India and
Saudi for the transportation of pilgrims. Saudia and Indian
national carrier Air India will transport 41,642 pilgrims and
The first flight carrying 250 passengers from Delhi by NAS
air is scheduled to land tomorrow at King Abdulaziz
International Airport, Jeddah. An average of 12 flights will
carry around 4,000 pilgrims till November 22 from 19 different
Indian embarking points every day.
About 500 buildings have been hired by Indian Haj Mission
to accommodate pilgrims in Mecca. A team of "Mission Field
Officers" will be deployed to assist branch offices to solve
the problems of the pilgrims.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay