Haj pilgrims stranded
Bangalore: Over 200 Haj pilgrims on board a
special Air India flight were stranded at the airport here
on Saturday as the aircraft could not take off following expiry of
duty hours of the pilots.
The aircraft from Jeddah that landed at the Bengaluru
International Airport at about 3.20 AM could not resume its
onward journey to Mumbai as the pilots were not permitted to
fly beyond their duty hours, Air India sources said.
Air India requisitioned pilots by a relief aircraft from
Mumbai to ensure onward journey of the 220 passengers waiting
at the airport.
Due to delay in departure from Jeddah and late arrival of
the flight, the flying hours of the pilots had expired, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news