Haj pilgrims to undergo swine flu tests
Lucknow: In the wake of large number of H1N1
infection in Uttar Pradesh, pilgrims going for Haj will have
to undergo tests for swine flu, a Haj Committee official said
"On the directives of the Central Haj Committee, it has
been decided that Haj pilgrims will be tested twice for swine
flu," UP State Haj Committee secretary M A A Khan said.
"While first test will be done during training, another
one will be carried out at the airport,."
First test will be done during training and vaccination
programme held in the districts, he said, adding the Haj
pilgrims will be required to obtain a swine flu test
Khan said directives were being issued to chief medical
officers of all the district in this regard.
He said May 31 was fixed as the last date of submitting
"Applications of Haj pilgrims who have not submitted
their passports today despite repeated appeals will be
cancelled," he said.
The secretary said the last date of submitting passports
will not be extended further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees