Haldibari Express derails in Birbhum, West Bengal
Kolkata: Three bogies of train number 12363 Kolkata - Haldibari Triweekly InterCity Express derailed in Birbhum district close to the West Bengal-Jharkhand border on Tuesday afternoon.
As per initial reports, the accident happened around 1 pm between Nalhati junction and Chatra. The superfast train had begun its journey from Kolkata Chitpur at 9.05 am and was scheduled to reach Haldibari in Cooch Behar in north Bengal at 20.25 pm.
Senior railways are rushing to the spot to ascertain the situation. There are no reports of any casualties so far.
The railway has opened a helpline at Sealdah station whose number is 23503537 and two in Kolkata station with numbers 23503076 and 27050307.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof