Haldibari Express derails in Birbhum, West Bengal
Kolkata: Three bogies of train number 12363 Kolkata - Haldibari Triweekly InterCity Express derailed in Birbhum district close to the West Bengal-Jharkhand border on Tuesday afternoon.
As per initial reports, the accident happened around 1 pm between Nalhati junction and Chatra. The superfast train had begun its journey from Kolkata Chitpur at 9.05 am and was scheduled to reach Haldibari in Cooch Behar in north Bengal at 20.25 pm.
Senior railways are rushing to the spot to ascertain the situation. There are no reports of any casualties so far.
The railway has opened a helpline at Sealdah station whose number is 23503537 and two in Kolkata station with numbers 23503076 and 27050307.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet