Haldibari Express derails in Birbhum, West Bengal
Kolkata: Three bogies of train number 12363 Kolkata - Haldibari Triweekly InterCity Express derailed in Birbhum district close to the West Bengal-Jharkhand border on Tuesday afternoon.
As per initial reports, the accident happened around 1 pm between Nalhati junction and Chatra. The superfast train had begun its journey from Kolkata Chitpur at 9.05 am and was scheduled to reach Haldibari in Cooch Behar in north Bengal at 20.25 pm.
Senior railways are rushing to the spot to ascertain the situation. There are no reports of any casualties so far.
The railway has opened a helpline at Sealdah station whose number is 23503537 and two in Kolkata station with numbers 23503076 and 27050307.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming