Haldibari Express derails in Birbhum, West Bengal
Kolkata: Three bogies of train number 12363 Kolkata - Haldibari Triweekly InterCity Express derailed in Birbhum district close to the West Bengal-Jharkhand border on Tuesday afternoon.
As per initial reports, the accident happened around 1 pm between Nalhati junction and Chatra. The superfast train had begun its journey from Kolkata Chitpur at 9.05 am and was scheduled to reach Haldibari in Cooch Behar in north Bengal at 20.25 pm.
Senior railways are rushing to the spot to ascertain the situation. There are no reports of any casualties so far.
The railway has opened a helpline at Sealdah station whose number is 23503537 and two in Kolkata station with numbers 23503076 and 27050307.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?