Haldiram`s to conduct campus drive at Tihar
New Delhi: Next time you order `bhalla papdi
chaat` at a Haldiram`s joint, your crispy dish may be prepared
by a former Tihar prisoner.
Fear not as the popular food chain is among 10 odd
companies which will conduct interviews at the jail from
tomorrow to hire eligible inmates for different jobs.
"Hundred prisoners have been found eligible for the
campus interview. Companies that have agreed to hire include
Vedanta Group and Haldiram`s," said Tihar Prisons spokesperson
This is also the first time that inmates who are already
been released from the prisons and those with life terms but
being considered for a release too will sit for the
interviews, he said.
This campus placement was introduced to help rehabilitate
prisoners after their release.
"We decided to go for the placement drive after we
realised that even after reforming prisoners and making them
professionally qualified, they do not get a job after their
release due to their criminal background," Gupta said.
Three successful campus placements conducted last year
led to appointments of 175 Tihar inmates in different
industries and positions for salaries ranging between Rs
84,000 and 6,00,000 annually.
Gupta said that after the news of the recruitment drive
spread to different parts of the city, many companies
approached us expressing their desire to hire our inmates.
"This encouraged us to take the plunge," he said.
The first recruitment drive was conducted on February 25
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH