Half of Indians to get UI nos in 5 & a half yrs: Nilekani
Patna: About half of the country`s total
population will get their Unique Identification numbers within
the next five and half years, Chairman of Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIDAI), Nandan Nilekani said on Tuesday.
The number of the people who would get the numbers would
be over 600 million, Nilekani told reporters here.
To a question, the co-founder of INFOSYSY said the
authority would begin providing the 16-digit number to the
people of Bihar in the next 18 months.
Expressing satisfaction over Bihar`s progress in
Information Technology and lauding schemes like E-shakti, he
said "it is a good sign that the state government is giving
due importance to biometric projects."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you