Halted Delhi-Kanpur train service restored
New Delhi: Rail traffic between Kanpur and Delhi, which came to a halt following snapping of overhead wires Thursday morning, was restored after four hours.
Train services in the section were disrupted at 7:30 am today as overhead wires broke after a high tension cable running above snapped and fell on it near Shikohabad Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh.
According to a railway spokesperson, the repair work was completed by 11 am and both the up and down lines were thrown open to rail traffic by 11:30 am.
The disruption held up train movement, with several passenger trains, including the Rajdhani Express trains stranded mid-way.
These trains have now resumed their onward journey, the spokesperson said.
The busy Delhi-Kanpur section of the Delhi-Howrah mainline has also been affected because of the dense fog over north India and parts of the eastern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley