Hamid Ansari returns home after three-nation tour
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari returned home on Saturday after an eight-day official visit to Peru, Cuba and the United Kingdom.
Ansari`s meeting with revolutionary hero Fidel Castro was the high point of the first ever bilateral visit by any Indian VVIP to Cuba, during which the two countries inked an agreement on cooperation in broadcasting.
The Vice President began his three nation tour from Peru where four agreements were signed, including one on defence cooperation, to boost its ties with the fastest growing country in Latin America.
He also inaugurated the `Festival of India` in Peru at a time when Bollywood and Shahrukh Khan have become a craze in the Latin American country.
During the last leg of his tour, Ansari delivered a lecture on `Citizenship and Identity` at the prestigious Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies in London.
Ansari said, "The question of minority rights as a marker of identity, and their accommodation within the ambit of citizenship rights, remains a live one in India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons