Hamid Ansari returns home after three-nation tour
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari returned home on Saturday after an eight-day official visit to Peru, Cuba and the United Kingdom.
Ansari`s meeting with revolutionary hero Fidel Castro was the high point of the first ever bilateral visit by any Indian VVIP to Cuba, during which the two countries inked an agreement on cooperation in broadcasting.
The Vice President began his three nation tour from Peru where four agreements were signed, including one on defence cooperation, to boost its ties with the fastest growing country in Latin America.
He also inaugurated the `Festival of India` in Peru at a time when Bollywood and Shahrukh Khan have become a craze in the Latin American country.
During the last leg of his tour, Ansari delivered a lecture on `Citizenship and Identity` at the prestigious Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies in London.
Ansari said, "The question of minority rights as a marker of identity, and their accommodation within the ambit of citizenship rights, remains a live one in India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player