Hamid Ansari returns home after three-nation tour
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari returned home on Saturday after an eight-day official visit to Peru, Cuba and the United Kingdom.
Ansari`s meeting with revolutionary hero Fidel Castro was the high point of the first ever bilateral visit by any Indian VVIP to Cuba, during which the two countries inked an agreement on cooperation in broadcasting.
The Vice President began his three nation tour from Peru where four agreements were signed, including one on defence cooperation, to boost its ties with the fastest growing country in Latin America.
He also inaugurated the `Festival of India` in Peru at a time when Bollywood and Shahrukh Khan have become a craze in the Latin American country.
During the last leg of his tour, Ansari delivered a lecture on `Citizenship and Identity` at the prestigious Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies in London.
Ansari said, "The question of minority rights as a marker of identity, and their accommodation within the ambit of citizenship rights, remains a live one in India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog