Hamid Ansari`s visit of great significance to bilateral ties: China
Beijing: China today said Vice President Hamid Ansari`s visit here next week to take part in the 60th anniversary of `Panchsheel` is of great significance to bilateral ties as it is the first trip to the country by a top leader under the new Indian government.
"China attaches great importance to the visit by Indian Vice President, Ansari," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said at a media briefing while announcing Ansari`s four-day visit from June 27.
"This is a first visit by an Indian leader since the swearing of the new government this May. We believe this visit is of great significance to the growth of China-India relationship under the new circumstances," she said.
China is celebrating the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel, the five principles for peaceful coexistence, for two days in which Chinese President Xi Jinping, his Myanmar counterpart U Thein Sein besides Ansari will take part.
Xi will attend the commemoration on June 28 and Premier Li Keqiang will attend the commemoration reception on June 29, Hua said.
Panchsheel was jointly initiated in 1954 by former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru along with his then Chinese counterpart Zhou Enlai and the then leadership of Myanmar.
"In the following 60 years, the five principles of the peaceful coexistence withstood the test of the vicissitudes, becoming widely accepted in the basic norms of governance of international relations," Hua said.
"Today it still plays an important role in safeguarding the world peace and development," she said referring to the five principles for peaceful coexistence.
These five principles are, mutual respect for each other`s territorial integrity and sovereignty; mutual non-aggression; mutual non-interference in each other`s internal affairs; equality and cooperation for mutual benefit and; peaceful coexistence.
"The joint attendance by leaders of the three countries to relevant commemorative activities demonstrates the resolve of the three countries to carry forward the five principles and stay committed to realisation of peace and development in the new era," Hua said.
"We believe with the considered efforts of the three countries, the relevant activities will be a full success," she said.
Ansari`s trip was finalised during the recent visit of Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to New Delhi to establish contacts with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other officials of the new government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know