Hang me, I am guilty: Delhi gang-rape accused to court
New Delhi: In a crucial development in the Delhi gang-rape case, three of the four arrested accused – Mukesh Singh, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma – were produced before a city court on Wednesday, where two of them confessed to their crime.
The three were produced before a court in Saket. The court remanded Pawan and Vinay to four-day police custody, while Mukesh was sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
Vinay Sharma confessed to beating up the victim’s male friend and demanded that he be hanged.
“I have committed a horrible crime. I had beaten up the boy. I should be hanged,” Vinay told the court.
Pawan also said he had committed a “heinous act” and was ashamed of himself, but refused to undergo an identification parade.
The third accused, Mukesh – who is the brother of main accused Ram Singh – did not confess to the crime but agreed to undergo identification test by the victim`s male friend.
The court said Mukesh would undergo identification test tomorrow at Tihar Jail.
Ram Singh, the driver of the bus, was yesterday sent to five-day police custody.
In a related development one of the two absconding accused, Akshay Thakur, has been detained in Aurangabad, Bihar. He is being brought to Delhi.
Police teams are also looking out for the last accused, Raju.
While Vinay Sharma, a gym instructor, was arrested yesterday morning, Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and Pawan Gupta alias Kalu, a fruit seller, were arrested from Ravidas Camp slum in RK Puram area of South Delhi earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy