Hang me if I am guilty: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: In his first ever interview to an Urdu daily, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has talked about the post-Godhra riots and said that he be hanged if found guilty.
"Hang me if I am guilty (Main gunehgaar hoon toh mujhe phaansi par latkaa do)," Modi said in an interview conducted by, editor of Nai Duniya.
Former Rajya Sabha member Siddiqui is also a well known Samajwadi Party leader. The cover-page candid interview runs into six pages and covers issues like state of Muslims in Gujarat, post-Godhra riots and other sensitive issues.
Siddiqui said he decided to interview the Gujarat Chief Minister after a meeting in Mumbai with known Modi critics Mahesh Bhatt and Salim Khan. The duo suggested that dialogue can be a way to resolve issue, following which Siddiqui sent a request to Modi’s office.
Siddiqui says he was not sure whether Modi would agree for the interview and that too with a precondition that he would have to answer all questions – Modi had once walked out of an interview when asked about post-Godhra riots.
But to his surprise, Modi agreed to discuss all issues with him.
The Samajwadi Party leader – who had stints with Congress and BSP in the past – said that no political motive should be seen behind the interview.
"This has nothing to do with SP or Netaji. I am a journalist first then a member of a political party," Siddiqui was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested