Hanging of Afzal Guru unfortunate: Yasin Malik
Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir): Separatist JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik has said that it was very unfortunate that Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy petition was dismissed and he was hanged in secrecy.
Guru had a constitutional and legal right to go again to the court after the dismissal of the mercy petition but he was not given that opportunity, he told a local daily during his current trip to Pakistan.
Malik said the mindset that killed the Gandhi had led to the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Only Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and RSS demanded that Guru should be hanged. Was the decision of sending Guru to the gallows taken to satisfy the conscience of these extremists? This is the same ideology and same people who killed Gandhi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you