Hanging of Afzal Guru unfortunate: Yasin Malik
Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir): Separatist JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik has said that it was very unfortunate that Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy petition was dismissed and he was hanged in secrecy.
Guru had a constitutional and legal right to go again to the court after the dismissal of the mercy petition but he was not given that opportunity, he told a local daily during his current trip to Pakistan.
Malik said the mindset that killed the Gandhi had led to the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Only Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and RSS demanded that Guru should be hanged. Was the decision of sending Guru to the gallows taken to satisfy the conscience of these extremists? This is the same ideology and same people who killed Gandhi," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference