Happy over support from non-UPA parties: Pranab
Raipur: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday met legislators from Congress and Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) in the Chhattisgarh capital as part of his ongoing campaign for the July 19 Presidential election.
"I am happy that the parties from outside UPA too are extending their support to my candidature. I am confident of upholding the Constitution as the President of India," Mukherjee said while interacting with the legislators from both the parties.
Mukherjee, who landed here in the afternoon, was received by state Congress leaders at the airport.
Senior Congress leaders including Chhattisgarh unit president Nand Kumar Patel, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Chaube and other leaders, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends