Happy over support from non-UPA parties: Pranab
Raipur: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday met legislators from Congress and Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) in the Chhattisgarh capital as part of his ongoing campaign for the July 19 Presidential election.
"I am happy that the parties from outside UPA too are extending their support to my candidature. I am confident of upholding the Constitution as the President of India," Mukherjee said while interacting with the legislators from both the parties.
Mukherjee, who landed here in the afternoon, was received by state Congress leaders at the airport.
Senior Congress leaders including Chhattisgarh unit president Nand Kumar Patel, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Chaube and other leaders, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves