Happy over support from non-UPA parties: Pranab
Raipur: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday met legislators from Congress and Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) in the Chhattisgarh capital as part of his ongoing campaign for the July 19 Presidential election.
"I am happy that the parties from outside UPA too are extending their support to my candidature. I am confident of upholding the Constitution as the President of India," Mukherjee said while interacting with the legislators from both the parties.
Mukherjee, who landed here in the afternoon, was received by state Congress leaders at the airport.
Senior Congress leaders including Chhattisgarh unit president Nand Kumar Patel, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Chaube and other leaders, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today