Happy over support from non-UPA parties: Pranab
Raipur: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday met legislators from Congress and Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) in the Chhattisgarh capital as part of his ongoing campaign for the July 19 Presidential election.
"I am happy that the parties from outside UPA too are extending their support to my candidature. I am confident of upholding the Constitution as the President of India," Mukherjee said while interacting with the legislators from both the parties.
Mukherjee, who landed here in the afternoon, was received by state Congress leaders at the airport.
Senior Congress leaders including Chhattisgarh unit president Nand Kumar Patel, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Chaube and other leaders, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!