Happy that Rajnath visited Kumbh: Alvi
New Delhi: "It is the easiest way to wash their sins."
This was how Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi reacted when asked about BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s holy dip in the Ganga yesterday and plans of many BJP leaders to follow suit.
He prefaced his remark by saying he was "happy" that Singh visited Kumbh and other BJP leaders are also going there.
Alvi had also made light of the BJP chief using a VHP platform at Allahabad to raking up the Ayodhya issue, maintaining that the Opposition party does so whenever elections are round the corner.
Seeking to drive a wedge in the NDA on the issue, he said that the BJP should ask the JD-U whether it supports its stand on the Ayodhya issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed