Happy that Rajnath visited Kumbh: Alvi
New Delhi: "It is the easiest way to wash their sins."
This was how Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi reacted when asked about BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s holy dip in the Ganga yesterday and plans of many BJP leaders to follow suit.
He prefaced his remark by saying he was "happy" that Singh visited Kumbh and other BJP leaders are also going there.
Alvi had also made light of the BJP chief using a VHP platform at Allahabad to raking up the Ayodhya issue, maintaining that the Opposition party does so whenever elections are round the corner.
Seeking to drive a wedge in the NDA on the issue, he said that the BJP should ask the JD-U whether it supports its stand on the Ayodhya issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town