Happy that Rajnath visited Kumbh: Alvi
New Delhi: "It is the easiest way to wash their sins."
This was how Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi reacted when asked about BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s holy dip in the Ganga yesterday and plans of many BJP leaders to follow suit.
He prefaced his remark by saying he was "happy" that Singh visited Kumbh and other BJP leaders are also going there.
Alvi had also made light of the BJP chief using a VHP platform at Allahabad to raking up the Ayodhya issue, maintaining that the Opposition party does so whenever elections are round the corner.
Seeking to drive a wedge in the NDA on the issue, he said that the BJP should ask the JD-U whether it supports its stand on the Ayodhya issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest