Happy that Rajnath visited Kumbh: Alvi
New Delhi: "It is the easiest way to wash their sins."
This was how Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi reacted when asked about BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s holy dip in the Ganga yesterday and plans of many BJP leaders to follow suit.
He prefaced his remark by saying he was "happy" that Singh visited Kumbh and other BJP leaders are also going there.
Alvi had also made light of the BJP chief using a VHP platform at Allahabad to raking up the Ayodhya issue, maintaining that the Opposition party does so whenever elections are round the corner.
Seeking to drive a wedge in the NDA on the issue, he said that the BJP should ask the JD-U whether it supports its stand on the Ayodhya issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh