`Harassed` BSP MP was looking for missing mobile
New Delhi: BSP MP Ramashankar Rajbhar, who was allegedly manhandled by Special Protection Group personnel in Parliament on Wednesday, claimed he was trying to locate his missing mobile phone when a security official shoved and abused him.
"My mobile phone had fallen somewhere...so in an attempt
to retrace my phone I was making calls at the number from the
lobby. Suddenly, a SPG official appeared and he snatched the
phone from which I was making the call from my hands," Rajbhar
"Then that person pushed me and also used abusive
language. Then I saw that the Prime Minister was approaching
and I stood at one side," Rajbhar said.
"We can tolerate hunger but we can tolerate insults," the
Lok Sabha MP from Salempur in Uttar Pradesh, said.
Following Rajbhar`s claims there had been an uproar in
the Lok Sabha and the government through Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee also had to apologise to the angry Members of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested