Hard work and effort of Dhoni & his men rewarded: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday night congratulated the Indian cricket team for winning the World Cup saying "the hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded".
"I join the nation in congratulating the Indian cricket team on their victory. The hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded. They have shown the world that India is at the top of the game of cricket", Singh said soon after watching the Indian skipper hitting the
winning stroke with a huge six.
The Prime Minister, who watched the final on TV from 6 pm on returning to Delhi after electioneering in Assam, said the Indian cricketers "have demonstrated great team spirit all the concentration and the skill needed to win this well-deserved World Cup".
"The Indian team has made India proud", Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Most doctors prefer partners from medical profession: Survey
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside