Hard work and effort of Dhoni & his men rewarded: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday night congratulated the Indian cricket team for winning the World Cup saying "the hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded".
"I join the nation in congratulating the Indian cricket team on their victory. The hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded. They have shown the world that India is at the top of the game of cricket", Singh said soon after watching the Indian skipper hitting the
winning stroke with a huge six.
The Prime Minister, who watched the final on TV from 6 pm on returning to Delhi after electioneering in Assam, said the Indian cricketers "have demonstrated great team spirit all the concentration and the skill needed to win this well-deserved World Cup".
"The Indian team has made India proud", Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Here priest slept with more than 100 girls and mothers allowed it – Know why
- 12 ultras surrender in Chhattisgarh, cite disappointment with Maoist ideology
- Flood situation grim in Arunachal Pradesh, NH-52 submerged at Namsai
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers