Hard work and effort of Dhoni & his men rewarded: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday night congratulated the Indian cricket team for winning the World Cup saying "the hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded".
"I join the nation in congratulating the Indian cricket team on their victory. The hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded. They have shown the world that India is at the top of the game of cricket", Singh said soon after watching the Indian skipper hitting the
winning stroke with a huge six.
The Prime Minister, who watched the final on TV from 6 pm on returning to Delhi after electioneering in Assam, said the Indian cricketers "have demonstrated great team spirit all the concentration and the skill needed to win this well-deserved World Cup".
"The Indian team has made India proud", Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?