Hard work and effort of Dhoni & his men rewarded: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday night congratulated the Indian cricket team for winning the World Cup saying "the hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded".
"I join the nation in congratulating the Indian cricket team on their victory. The hard work and the effort of MS Dhoni and his men have been rewarded. They have shown the world that India is at the top of the game of cricket", Singh said soon after watching the Indian skipper hitting the
winning stroke with a huge six.
The Prime Minister, who watched the final on TV from 6 pm on returning to Delhi after electioneering in Assam, said the Indian cricketers "have demonstrated great team spirit all the concentration and the skill needed to win this well-deserved World Cup".
"The Indian team has made India proud", Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users