Hardcore Maoists arrested in Orissa
Sambalpur (Orissa): Two hardcore Maoists,
allegedly involved in extortion and killing of police
personnel, were arrested in Orissa`s Sambalpur district,
police said on Friday.
Police arrested Bhabagrahi Sandha (40) from Rairakhol
area of Sambalpur district and Anita Dehury (24) alias Nalini
Biswal from Bisra in nearby Sundargarh yesterday, they said.
Sambalpur district Superintendent of Police Asit
Panigrahi said Rs 3,39,500 in cash, CPI (Maoist) literature
and leaflets were seized from Bhabagrahi who played a key
role in collection of levy from businessmen and contractors.
After extending support to left wing extremists in
2008, Bhabagrahi soon became an important player in raising
of funds by the red rebels, he said.
Anita had joined CPI (Maoists) in 2005 and taught
Maoist philosophy and doctrine in camps, he said. She had been
trained in handling of sophisticated weapons.
Married to a hardcore Maoist Ajay in 2006, she was
involved in the attack on a police party camping at Badrama in
which an armed policeman was killed and arms and ammunition
looted, police charged.
Anita was also allegedly involved in the killing of a
man at village Telikusum of nearby Deogarh district in June,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!