Hardcore Maoists arrested in Orissa
Sambalpur (Orissa): Two hardcore Maoists,
allegedly involved in extortion and killing of police
personnel, were arrested in Orissa`s Sambalpur district,
police said on Friday.
Police arrested Bhabagrahi Sandha (40) from Rairakhol
area of Sambalpur district and Anita Dehury (24) alias Nalini
Biswal from Bisra in nearby Sundargarh yesterday, they said.
Sambalpur district Superintendent of Police Asit
Panigrahi said Rs 3,39,500 in cash, CPI (Maoist) literature
and leaflets were seized from Bhabagrahi who played a key
role in collection of levy from businessmen and contractors.
After extending support to left wing extremists in
2008, Bhabagrahi soon became an important player in raising
of funds by the red rebels, he said.
Anita had joined CPI (Maoists) in 2005 and taught
Maoist philosophy and doctrine in camps, he said. She had been
trained in handling of sophisticated weapons.
Married to a hardcore Maoist Ajay in 2006, she was
involved in the attack on a police party camping at Badrama in
which an armed policeman was killed and arms and ammunition
looted, police charged.
Anita was also allegedly involved in the killing of a
man at village Telikusum of nearby Deogarh district in June,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez