Harper to meet with Mamohan Singh and Hu Jintao
Ottawa: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will meet with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao on the sidelines of next week`s G20 summit, officials said on Friday.
Harper and Hu will meet on Thursday next to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of shared interest, including opportunities to grow ties, the prime minister`s office said.
"Canada and China are laying the groundwork for a new decade of growth by deepening cooperation in a wide number of areas," Harper said in a statement.
Immediately following the June 26-27 G20 summit in Toronto, Harper will also meet with Singh.
"Canada and India are developing the tremendous potential of our relationship by rapidly expanding commercial, cultural and educational ties," Harper said.
"I look forward to working with Prime Minister Singh to further capitalise on our shared strengths."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?