Harper to meet with Mamohan Singh and Hu Jintao
Ottawa: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will meet with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao on the sidelines of next week`s G20 summit, officials said on Friday.
Harper and Hu will meet on Thursday next to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of shared interest, including opportunities to grow ties, the prime minister`s office said.
"Canada and China are laying the groundwork for a new decade of growth by deepening cooperation in a wide number of areas," Harper said in a statement.
Immediately following the June 26-27 G20 summit in Toronto, Harper will also meet with Singh.
"Canada and India are developing the tremendous potential of our relationship by rapidly expanding commercial, cultural and educational ties," Harper said.
"I look forward to working with Prime Minister Singh to further capitalise on our shared strengths."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan