Harper to meet with Mamohan Singh and Hu Jintao
Ottawa: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will meet with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao on the sidelines of next week`s G20 summit, officials said on Friday.
Harper and Hu will meet on Thursday next to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of shared interest, including opportunities to grow ties, the prime minister`s office said.
"Canada and China are laying the groundwork for a new decade of growth by deepening cooperation in a wide number of areas," Harper said in a statement.
Immediately following the June 26-27 G20 summit in Toronto, Harper will also meet with Singh.
"Canada and India are developing the tremendous potential of our relationship by rapidly expanding commercial, cultural and educational ties," Harper said.
"I look forward to working with Prime Minister Singh to further capitalise on our shared strengths."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America