Harper to meet with Mamohan Singh and Hu Jintao
Ottawa: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will meet with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao on the sidelines of next week`s G20 summit, officials said on Friday.
Harper and Hu will meet on Thursday next to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of shared interest, including opportunities to grow ties, the prime minister`s office said.
"Canada and China are laying the groundwork for a new decade of growth by deepening cooperation in a wide number of areas," Harper said in a statement.
Immediately following the June 26-27 G20 summit in Toronto, Harper will also meet with Singh.
"Canada and India are developing the tremendous potential of our relationship by rapidly expanding commercial, cultural and educational ties," Harper said.
"I look forward to working with Prime Minister Singh to further capitalise on our shared strengths."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket