Haryana: Rahul discusses strategy for LS polls
Panchkula: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday met party MPs, MLAs and leaders in Haryana and discussed ways and means to strengthen the party in the state ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
During his closed-door meetings kept out of bound for the media, the Congress leader also met party`s district unit presidents, representatives of the Youth Congress, NSUI and Panchayati Raj institutions.
The discussions revolved around fine-tuning the party`s strategy for the upcoming general elections, state Congress leaders said.
All the 10 MPs from the state in batches of two met the Congress scion during his day-long visit, Haryana Congress chief Phool Chand Mullana said.
Addressing a meeting of party legislators and leaders, Rahul asked them to go to people and said party`s ticket to contest the polls would be given to candidates on the basis of their performance. "We will take feedback from the people. We will give party tickets to candidates based on their performance," he said.
He also asked state party leaders to give up the VIP culture and adopt simplicity.
According to Mullana, the Congress leader said the development work in the state was going on at a fast pace.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Union minister Selja were among those who attended the meetings.
A large number of security personnel were deployed in and around the auditorium where Gandhi interacted with the state Congress leaders.
The Congress leader had recently held similar meetings with leaders and workers of the party`s Punjab unit at Khanna in Ludhiana district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown