Haryana: Rahul discusses strategy for LS polls
Panchkula: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday met party MPs, MLAs and leaders in Haryana and discussed ways and means to strengthen the party in the state ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
During his closed-door meetings kept out of bound for the media, the Congress leader also met party`s district unit presidents, representatives of the Youth Congress, NSUI and Panchayati Raj institutions.
The discussions revolved around fine-tuning the party`s strategy for the upcoming general elections, state Congress leaders said.
All the 10 MPs from the state in batches of two met the Congress scion during his day-long visit, Haryana Congress chief Phool Chand Mullana said.
Addressing a meeting of party legislators and leaders, Rahul asked them to go to people and said party`s ticket to contest the polls would be given to candidates on the basis of their performance. "We will take feedback from the people. We will give party tickets to candidates based on their performance," he said.
He also asked state party leaders to give up the VIP culture and adopt simplicity.
According to Mullana, the Congress leader said the development work in the state was going on at a fast pace.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Union minister Selja were among those who attended the meetings.
A large number of security personnel were deployed in and around the auditorium where Gandhi interacted with the state Congress leaders.
The Congress leader had recently held similar meetings with leaders and workers of the party`s Punjab unit at Khanna in Ludhiana district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!