Haryana releases water for Chhath in Delhi
New Delhi: Haryana has released 300 cusecs of water to Delhi for the Chhath festival being celebrated in the capital by over 30 lakh migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, authorities said on Thursday.
The water released in the Yamuna river on Wednesday will be channelled to various Chhath ghats in Delhi after analysing the expected crowd and need of water at the various spots.
The festival that began Wednesday will go on till November 09.
"Adequate quantity of water is essential at the ghats to enable devotees celebrate the festival in the traditional manner," said a statement from the Delhi government.
An additional 100 cusecs of water will reach Delhi by Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?