Haryana releases water for Chhath in Delhi
New Delhi: Haryana has released 300 cusecs of water to Delhi for the Chhath festival being celebrated in the capital by over 30 lakh migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, authorities said on Thursday.
The water released in the Yamuna river on Wednesday will be channelled to various Chhath ghats in Delhi after analysing the expected crowd and need of water at the various spots.
The festival that began Wednesday will go on till November 09.
"Adequate quantity of water is essential at the ghats to enable devotees celebrate the festival in the traditional manner," said a statement from the Delhi government.
An additional 100 cusecs of water will reach Delhi by Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion