Has Narendra Modi forgotten Kargil, Parliament attack? Congress
Coimbatore: Hitting back at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for assailing the UPA government on the issue of terrorism and border violence, Congress leader Mukul Wasnik on Tuesday sought to know whether Modi had forgotten the Kargil intrusion and attack on Parliament during NDA regime.
"Has he forgotten Kargil war or the way then External Affairs Minister Jaswanth Singh accompanied terrorists to Kandahar and freed them or the terrorist attack on Parliament?" the AICC General Secretary asked.
Modi was posing several questions and finding faults with the UPA government, particularly on the issue of terror and protecting the border. Had he forgotten that `total chaos` prevailed on the borders during the NDA regime, Wasnik said at a party workers` conference at Chadivay on the city outskirts.
Modi, also then Chief Minister of Gujarat, had not questioned the Centre about lack of security, he said.
On the other hand, as a constructive opposition then, Congress had not made the issue a political one and instead stood behind the AB Vajpayee led government, he claimed.
He alleged Modi`s speeches reflected `arrogance` instead of winning the hearts of the people.
The opposition was challenging the principles and constitution of Congress, which wanted an inclusive growth for the benefit all the sections of the society, Wasnik said, adding the workers should undertake door-to-door campaign and highlight the achievements of the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened