Hasan Ali booked for hiding info regarding passport
Pune: The Pune Passport Office has filed a complaint against the main accused in money laundering and tax evasion case Hasan Ali Khan for allegedly giving false
information while renewing his passport in 2004, police said on Thursday.
Khan is booked under sections 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 10 (3) and 12 (1) of Indian Passport Act by Chatushrungi police station.
The passport office has said in its complaint that the city-based stud farm owner, while applying for renewal of his passport, deliberately did not disclose information about the other two passports held in his name.
Police said that Enforcement Directorate`s (ED`s) investigation has revealed this act of forgery on part of Hasan who is currently lodged in Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai.
According to the FIR, Hasan also had furnished false residential proof to obtain the passport. He had not given information about the previous passports, which he had
obtained from the passport offices in Patna, Chandigarh and Guwahati.
"We will follow the directives given by ED and the court in this regard," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport