Hasan Ali booked for hiding info regarding passport
Pune: The Pune Passport Office has filed a complaint against the main accused in money laundering and tax evasion case Hasan Ali Khan for allegedly giving false
information while renewing his passport in 2004, police said on Thursday.
Khan is booked under sections 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 10 (3) and 12 (1) of Indian Passport Act by Chatushrungi police station.
The passport office has said in its complaint that the city-based stud farm owner, while applying for renewal of his passport, deliberately did not disclose information about the other two passports held in his name.
Police said that Enforcement Directorate`s (ED`s) investigation has revealed this act of forgery on part of Hasan who is currently lodged in Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai.
According to the FIR, Hasan also had furnished false residential proof to obtain the passport. He had not given information about the previous passports, which he had
obtained from the passport offices in Patna, Chandigarh and Guwahati.
"We will follow the directives given by ED and the court in this regard," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 1st Test, Day 1 – Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Mobile, internet services restored in Jammu, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley
- GST expectations buoy equity markets; Sensex trading at 28,121
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on