Hasan Ali case: Indian envoy to be quizzed
Mumbai: Police is likely to summon
India`s Ambassador to Panama Vishnu Hade for questioning after
his name surfaced in the fake passport case involving Pune-
based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
"We are likely to summon Hade. As his name surfaced
during the probe, we would either question him or just record
his statement in the case. We will soon take call on what
needs to be done," said Vineet Agarwal, Additional Police
Commissioner (Central Region).
Khan, currently lodged in Arthur Road Jail after
being arrested for tax evasion, had been apprehended by the
city police in December 2008 for allegedly procuring a
passport by submitting fake documents.
The Pune businessman was charged with forgery and
cheating and later released on bail.
During the probe, a Regional Passport Officer was
questioned who revealed that Khan`s passport was cleared on a
priority basis after he received a call from Hade, police
Hade was associated with Mumbai`s Passport Office when
Khan was issued the passport.
According to police, Khan had lost his original
passport, issued by the Hyderabad`s Regional Passport Office
in 2006, when he was in England.
Subsequently, he was given a fresh passport valid for
a year by the Indian High Commission`s office in England,
using which he went to Switzerland and Canada, police added.
Later, Khan applied for a new passport in Pune.
However, the police found that the billionaire had two other
passports procured by submitting fake documents, one issued in
Mumbai and the other in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls