Hasan Ali claims doc threatened to infect him
Mumbai: Businessman Hasan Ali Khan, arrested
on money laundering and tax evasion charges, is not allowing
doctors at state-run J J Hospital to treat him after he
claimed that one of them allegedly threatened to infect him
with HIV positive blood if he did not give him Rs one crore.
Khan, lodged in the jail ward on the fourth floor of
opthalmology building at the J J Hospital, is not allowing any
doctor to treat him, hospital sources said.
Khan, the Pune-based stud farm owner, is alleged to have
stashed USD eight billion of laundered money in Swiss banks
and evaded tax close to Rs 70,000 crore.
His lawyer had earlier complained to the Sessions Court
that his client was facing severe health problems but Arthur
Road Jail authorities were not providing proper treatment to
him after which he was admitted to J J Hospital.
"Ever since he was admitted in the hospital, he has not
allowed any doctor to treat him," T P Lahane, Dean of J J
"Khan has alleged that a doctor demanded Rs one crore
from him when he was alone in the ward. Khan claimed that the
doctor threatened to inject him with HIV positive blood if he
does not shell out the money. Since then he is not allowing
anyone to treat him," said a source at the hospital.
The doctor in question has rubbished the claim and given
it in writing to the hospital authorities who have submitted a
report to the court concerned, the source said.
Confirming that Khan had indeed made such allegations,
Lahane said, "We have informed the court about the incident."
When contacted, Khan`s lawyer I Bagadia said,"All
allegations against Khan are false. J J Hospital authorities
are not sending a senior doctor to treat Khan."
In his complaint to the court, Khan had claimed he was
suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney problems
and heart ailments and had suffered a paralytic stroke.
"However, when we had examined him in October, we did
not find any signs of a paralytic attack. His health condition
was normal that time. We had done an MRI, a sonography and
blood tests to ascertain his condition," Lahane said.
After being arrested by Enforcement Directorate(ED), Khan
was granted bail by the Bombay High Court on August 12, but
the Supreme Court cancelled it on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez