Hasan Ali produced before court, claims innocence
Mumbai: Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali
Khan, arrested in connection with alleged massive money
laundering, was on Tuesday produced before a court which remanded
him in Enforcement Directorate`s (ED) custody for a day.
Principal Sessions Court Judge M L Tahaliyani Khan
before whom 53-year-old Khan was produced this afternoon
adjourned the proceedings till tomorrow following differences
over the issue of his jurisdiction. Khan was arrested by ED
sleuths around midnight last night under the Prevention of
Money Laundering Act.
Khan told waiting reporters while he was being taken to
court that he was "innocent."
"I am innocent...They are just putting me in trouble. I
don`t understand why," he said.
As soon as the court proceedings began, Tahaliyani
raised the issue of jurisdiction, saying the matter should
have been brought before a magistrate.
Public Prosecutor N Punde said under the Prevention of
Money Laundering Act, a special court was empowered to conduct
the proceedings and hence he had the jurisdiction.
Defence counsel I P Bagadia too concurred with this
view, but the Principal Judge adjourned the hearing till
tomorrow after handing over Khan`s remand to the ED. He will
take a view on the issue of jurisdiction to hear the case
Khan, who is also a real estate consultant, earlier in
the day pleaded his innocence and filed an application through
his counsel who said he wanted to retract his confessions made
before ED investigators yesterday. Details of his confessions
were not known immediately.
Khan, accused of stashing huge sums of black money in
foreign banks including USD 8 billion in UBS in Switzerland,
was arrested after prolonged searches at his Pune and Mumbai
residences and sustained grilling for several hours.
He was taken to the state-run JJ hospital for a routine
medical check-up at around 7 am just hours after his arrest
and all medical tests conducted on him showed he was in normal
After the series of medical tests that lasted over four
hours, doctors have advised the investigators to take Khan
"Cardiology and nephrology tests were conducted on the
patient. Surgical examination for the abdominal pain was also
conducted after which it was found that Ali is fine," T P
Lahane, Dean of the hospital, told PTI.
"After the tests that lasted for over four hours, it
was found that all the parameters, blood pressure and ECG of
Ali are normal. We have advised the officials to take him
back" Lahane said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly