Hasan Ali seeks quashing of fake passport case
Mumbai: Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali
Khan, arrested in an alleged multi-crore money laundering
scam, has approached the Bombay High Court, seeking quashing
of a 1999 fake passport case registered against him in Pune.
According to the FIR registered on December 29, 1999, by
Chatushringi police in Pune, Hasan had filed an application
for renewal of passport in December 2005 in the Pune passport
office and had allegedly given false information in the form.
It is alleged that Hasan had, in the renewal application
form, given the name of his wife as Mehboob Neesa Begum,
despite the fact that they got divorced in 2000 itself. Hasan
had also allegedly, under the column of permanent address,
given an address, which was sold by Mehboob soon after their
"There is no material to show that Hasan has forged
documents while seeking renewal of the passport. Merely on the
submission of the form, passport is not renewed. The
application goes through various agencies and only after
proper verification passport is renewed. In this case, too,
Hasan received a fresh passport, which was valid till October
2010," Hasan`s lawyer I A Bagaria said.
Hasan, in his petition, has sought for the FIR to be
quashed and set aside and also sought a stay on the production
warrant issued against him by a magistrate`s court in Pune,
after the police there sought his custody in the case.
"Hasan has similar cases registered against him in Mumbai
and Patna. While he was granted bail in the Mumbai case, the
police have filed charge sheet in the Patna case. He (Hasan)
can`t be taken from one city to another for interrogation,"
Justice RV More has posted the petition for hearing on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH