Hasan Ali`s wife obstructing probe, ED tells HC
Mumbai: Alleging that Hasan Ali Khan`s wife
was "obstructing" the probe and trying to "intimidate"
investigators, the Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday urged the
Bombay High Court to reject her petition seeking quashing of
proceedings under the anti-money laundering law.
The ED also said the preliminary enquiry initiated
against Rheema Khan, the wife of jailed Pune stud farm owner
accused in money laundering cases, has revealed that she too
had acquired properties worth Rs 16 crore through dubious cash
"The petitioner (Rheema) has been causing obstructions in
investigations and is attempting to intimidate ED officers who
are probing the case," the ED said in an affidavit filed today
before a division bench of justices A M Khanwilkar and P D
The court was hearing a petition filed by Rheema seeking
to quash the proceedings initiated against her by a special
court under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The proceedings were initiated after the ED approached
the court with a complaint following Rheema`s failure to
appear before the agency to record her statement.
"As of now, the agency is only conducting a preliminary
inquiry which has revealed that Hasan Ali Khan and the
petitioner (Rheema) have acquired properties valued at Rs
16.32 crore through dubious cash transactions and without
known source of income," the ED said.
Claiming that Rheema`s petition to quash the proceedings
initiated against her is premature, ED said only after
completion of the preliminary enquiry the agency would decide
on whether a case should be registered or not.
The court has adjourned the matter till September 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days