Hasina to visit Tripura tomorrow
Agartala: The border state of Tripura will
roll out the red carpet for the two-day visit of Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina from tomorrow amidst tight
The visit would be the first-ever by a prime minister of
the neighbouring country to Tripura, which had played a key
role in that country`s liberation war.
Hasina, who would head a 89-member delegation including
her younger sister Sheikh Rehena, Bangladesh Foreign Minister
Dipu Moni and two other ministers, would be received by Union
Minister for Human Resource Development Kapil Sibal, state
Chief Secretary, S K Panda said.
Sibal would receive Hasina as a special emissary of
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh when she arrives at Agartala
Airport by a special aircraft from Dhaka at 3 PM tomorrow,
Vice-President Hamid Ansari would also be here on the
During her stay, Hasina would participate in discussions
with business delegations of both countries and would be
conferred the honorary doctorate of literature of Tripura
Central University at its ninth convocation by Ansari.
She would return to Bangladesh on January 12 after a
civic reception by Agartala Municipal Council, he said.
A thick security blanket has been thrown around the
capital city in view of the visit of Hasina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad