Have done nothing wrong: Aseemanand
Ajmer: Even as reports claimed that he had confessed to plotting the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast, Swami Assemanand, Friday, said that the he is innocent.
"I am innocent. I have done nothing wrong," he said while leaving the court here after hearing in the blast case.
Swami Aseemanand heads the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat`s Dangs district and was arrested on November 19 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts - all took place in 2007.
The National Investigation Agency has to file its chargesheet by April 24.
Earlier, he had reportedly confessed that his alleged right hand man Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
“I told everyone that bomb must be responded with a bomb,” Aseemanand reportedly confessed.
He is also said to have spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh’s alleged connections with terror acts.
Reports added that Aseemanand`s confession was made before the magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code and is thus admissible as evidence, which cannot be retracted.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan