Have done nothing wrong: Aseemanand
Ajmer: Even as reports claimed that he had confessed to plotting the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast, Swami Assemanand, Friday, said that the he is innocent.
"I am innocent. I have done nothing wrong," he said while leaving the court here after hearing in the blast case.
Swami Aseemanand heads the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat`s Dangs district and was arrested on November 19 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts - all took place in 2007.
The National Investigation Agency has to file its chargesheet by April 24.
Earlier, he had reportedly confessed that his alleged right hand man Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
“I told everyone that bomb must be responded with a bomb,” Aseemanand reportedly confessed.
He is also said to have spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh’s alleged connections with terror acts.
Reports added that Aseemanand`s confession was made before the magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code and is thus admissible as evidence, which cannot be retracted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch