Have done nothing wrong: Aseemanand
Ajmer: Even as reports claimed that he had confessed to plotting the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast, Swami Assemanand, Friday, said that the he is innocent.
"I am innocent. I have done nothing wrong," he said while leaving the court here after hearing in the blast case.
Swami Aseemanand heads the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat`s Dangs district and was arrested on November 19 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts - all took place in 2007.
The National Investigation Agency has to file its chargesheet by April 24.
Earlier, he had reportedly confessed that his alleged right hand man Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
“I told everyone that bomb must be responded with a bomb,” Aseemanand reportedly confessed.
He is also said to have spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh’s alleged connections with terror acts.
Reports added that Aseemanand`s confession was made before the magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code and is thus admissible as evidence, which cannot be retracted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP